Do you ever wonder how your customer support team is really doing? Even if you have all the right tools in place, there could be small gaps in your process that look like gaping holes to your customers.
What's the best way to find these areas to improve upon? Ask your customers how their experience is! When you do this, opportunities will emerge to refine and perfect your customer support system. The secondary benefit...your customers get to feel like you really care, like they matter (which of course they do!).
The best way to improve is to ask for feedback from the very people you’re helping.
When the customer has completed their interaction with your customer support team, invite them to give feedback on their experience. Not only will you get immediate responses, your team will benefit from:
- Tracking areas in which to grow your knowledge base
- Identifying areas where more training is needed
- Insights as to how to improve products and features
- Real-time metrics to help improve the customer experience
Reports are a valuable tool within your customer support software. Taking a regular look at reports gives you a clear view of your support process and how it’s working for both your customers and agents. You can also view:
- All open tickets
- Tickets by severity or group
- The date when tickets were created, how many were created, and how long it took to solve them
- Tickets by customer - are there recurring issues, an increase in tickets?
- Tickets by type - do you have a lot of bug fixes or product requests, or do your support teams see more training requests than anything
You can then compare these insights with events that were happening within your company at the time the tickets were created. This clear view will also give you valuable information to help you make business decisions more accurately and quickly.
Every business’s goal is to avoid issues altogether. Asking your customers for feedback on agents, products, and your customer experience process will help you stay ahead of the curve. Then you can put more time towards improving your customer experience and products.
Is your competition doing this kind of market research? Don’t wait to find out - run a help desk report today!